Community service is a mandatory job performed by individuals or groups with the intention to benefit their community. A community service might be confused as volunteering. The differemce between the two is that it is not always performed on a voluntary basis. Those who are sure to perform community service must fill out a community service form either before or after the service.
A community service may be done for many reasons including citizenship requirements, a criminal justice sanctions, requirements of a school, and so on. Although sometimes this may not be realized, there are some benefits in joining a community service.
Benefits in Joining a Community Service
1. It allows the participants to realise the difference they make in society.
Those who performed a community service will be exposed to various kinds of situations and environments. This will allow them to gain an understanding of their roles in the community as well as the impact of their contributions towards those in need of service.
2. Some participants may gain insightful experience in a variety of areas.
Participants may internalize the information that they found personally insightful for future use. Students are often required to joina community service so they can learn how their actions affect in public. Community service allows participants to understand that serving the public fosters a more well-rounded view of self.
3. Participants may have opportunity in gaining useful skill and knowledge.
Eventually, the knowledge obtained while doing community service may be applied in future areas of work. Through community service,participants may increase their social connection. Community serviceallow individuals to interact and work with each other, hence may help volunteers network and connect with others towards a common goal.
4. Participants may lead a life with a new perspective.
People gain the most from their community when helping people that they have never interacted with before. This interaction allows people to see their life from a different perspective and evaluate their opinions of others. Many people who are involved in community service come out with a more well-rounded worldview.
5. Gaining a greater understanding and appreciation for diversity.
Appreciating other cultures is important in becoming a better person. By participating in a community service, personal relationships begin to grow. These personal relationships help people have consistent interactions that through time,often breakdown negative stereotypes. Additionally, these relationships can facilitate different opinions and viewpoints which can help participants to grow in diversity.
6. Breaking down stereotypes.
Stereotypes is often defined as a quick judgments based off of visible characteristics. These judgments can develop into a biased opinion when it is believed that these judgments are true. These stereotypes are very harmful to personal relationships and professional relationship. Community Service helps people to realize that not everyone fall into these preconceived ideas.
7. Assist people in realizing that those they’re helping are no different from themselves.
This realization can lead to empathizing with others. Understanding the needs of others, especially those who differs from us, is an important part of living an impactful life. This leads to a better humanity that can help a person stay free from biased opinions and can lead to a more diverse and ultimately more impactful life for others.
Community Service Completion Form
Convocation Community Service Individual Form
Court Community Service Form
Goodwill Community Service Form
High School Community Service Verification Form
West Orange Community Service Form
Steps On How To Fill Out Community Service Forms
- The first step is to enter the participants name and the amount of total hours of community service they are ordered to serve. A deadline should be provided to inform when the participant must turn their community service form in.
- The next step is to fill out the time spent on community service, the name of the agency where the community service was completed, their phone number, supervisors contact name, and the date in which you completed the community service.
- The agency must sign each instance of community service providing your sign in time and sign out time. If they have any additional comments they will write them in the comment section.
- Finally, the participant should then sign, date, and indicate the town in which they signed it.
- Additional pages may be necessary if more community service time was completed. If you file additional sheets, make sure that you provide the required information on each individual sheet.
- Submit the community service form to the appropriate case manager and keep a copy for your records.